Currently SRKG members contribute knitting time and effort supporting charity projects:
* Tiny hats for the AAMC Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
We are asked to follow this hat pattern precisely; the hat is knitted flat and can easily be worked in the round, too. We use our own new or stash yarn for these.
* Scarves with a touch (or more) of pink for the AAMC Breast Center
The design or pattern is chosen by the knitter and uses new or stash yarn.
* Knitted Knockers for the AAMC Breast Center. This is a new project for 2013; as we complete them we will post pictures. The pattern and information about this project is at http://knittedknockers.info/
- Layettes for a baby girl and a baby boy
Our programs include learning new knitting techniques and Knit-Alongs using the same pattern with our individual twists. Here are some of our efforts.
- We learned to draft and knit from silk caps and hankies....decadent!
- Our Felt Clogs (Fiber Trends) were a lot of fun; they kept our feet warm through our snowy winter.
- Another Knit-Along was Nature Speak Knits' "RAVENELI"; a fun jacket or vest knit in the round with a circular, big shawl-type collar. Lots of Noro, run with dk and worsted solid colors, Malabrigo, tripled dks in lots of combos! (Thanks Jeanne!)
- The E. Zimmermann's Baby Surprise Jacket project was a big success! They all turned out great and each very different! A BIG Thanks to Kellie Nuss !
- "FROM THE TOP"; Nature Speak Knit's top-down, set-in sleeve crew neck pullover. They are "looking marvelous!!!".(Again... Thanks Jeanne!
Lots of Noro (Silk Garden, Kureyon, Sakura), Ellen's Half Pint Silk/Mohair, Manos Del Uruguay, Debbie Bliss Silk Road Aran, Malibrigo, Stonehedge .... the results are stunning!
Interested in finding out more about us? Email your questions to